If you are planning to save electricity in future, or even to get off the electric grid entirely, you will be pleased to know that it is possible to make a homemade solar generator. This can be done at a fraction of a cost of buying one. What is more, it is easy to install a solar generator if you have the right guidelines.
Your water heater should be the first electrical device that you power up using the entirely free energy provided by the sun. There are five things you will need to make your first solar panel and link it up to your water heater.
- Most important of all you need is accurate information supplied by experts. There are several excellent ebooks and documents in a PDF format that you can download from the internet. The best of these do cost quite a bit. However, bear in mind that you will be getting top notch information plus the personal support of experts via the internet if you hit a snag.
- The second thing you need is time. You must grant yourself the hours required to read through the information at least twice, making notes as you go. Then you need time to go shopping. Make sure you source exactly the components listed in the ebook you have bought. Finally, grant yourself at least an entire weekend to build your first solar panel.
- Third you will need some money to buy the components. These include photovoltaic cells, inverter, batteries and some other material for linking the entire generator to your water heater. The good news is that you should not need more than about $250 maximum to build your first solar generator and install it.
- Fourthly you need support – the support of family and friends. If you have a buddy who is good at DIY, then invite him or her along to help you build and install your first panel. Do your best not to be dissuaded by friends and family who say you will never succeed. In fact, hundreds of DIYers around the world make their own solar panels every day. There is no reason why you shouldn’t join the ranks of successful makers of home solar generators.
- Fifth and finally you need to have patience with yourself and also exercise self-forgiveness if you find yourself taking a long time to build your home solar generator or making mistakes that set you back temporarily. It is quite natural to run into problemsFortunately there is plenty of information and support out there to ensure that you need not stay stuck for long.
Making a solar generator at home is a matter of concentration rather than a matter of having technical matter or great skill. Order a good DIY Solar Power System ebook to get all the information you need to start. This will include where to get solar panel components cheap.